The Bachelor's Completion Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice Online program was designed for students who have already completed at least 54 approved credits of undergraduate coursework. The 66-credit completion program draws strength from the criminology and criminal justice faculty and curriculum from the four participating universities. Students with approval of their academic advisors may be allowed to substitute appropriate courses.
Below is a list of the courses offered in the CCJO program. The campus course code is listed first with the program course code in parentheses, followed by the course title and the host campus in parentheses. Click on the course title to link to the full description.
Link to the CCJO Course Rotation Schedule to find out the semesters in which courses are offered.
- CRCJ 2334 (CCJO 2310) Introduction to the Criminal Justice System (UTA)
- CCJO 3312 (CCJO 3312) Criminal Justice Administration (UTPB)
- CRCJ 3350 (CCJO 3320) Introduction to Research Methods in Criminology and Criminal Justice (UTA)
- CRIJ 3316 (CCJO 3322) Criminal Evidence and Proof (UTRGV)
- CRIJ 3331 (CCJO 3326) Legal Aspects of Corrections (UTRGV)
- CCJO 3332 (CCJO 3332) Juvenile Delinquency and Justice (UTPB)
- CRCJ 3380 (CCJO 3370) Race, Crime, and Justice (UTA)
- CCJO 4316 (CCJO 4316) Theories of Criminal Behavior (UTPB)
- CRCJ 4301 (CCJO 4330) The American Judicial System (UTA)
- CRCJ 4380 (CCJO 4336) Comparative Criminal Justice Systems (UTA)
- CRIJ 4370 (CCJO 4338) Senior Seminar: Policy Issues (UTRGV)
- CRCJ 4333 (CCJO 4350) Institutional Corrections (UTA)
- CRCJ 4315 (CCJO 4352) Criminal Careers and Behavior Systems (UTA)
- CCJO 4354 (CCJO 4354) Ethics in Criminal Justice (UTPB)
- CCJO 4356 (CCJO 4356) Probation and Parole (UTPB)
- CRIJ 4312 (CCJO 4358) Principles of Law Enforcement Supervision (UTRGV)
- CRIJ 4341 (CCJO 4360) Correctional Casework and Counseling (UTRGV)
- CRIJ 4313 (CCJO 4362) Seminar: Issues in Law Enforcement (UTRGV)
- CCJO 4364 (CCJO 4364) Police and the Community (UTPB)
- CCJO 4372 (CCJO 4372) Drugs and Behavior (UTPB)
Consult with your advisor for the number of electives required in your degree plan.
- CRCJ 3310 (CCJO 3310) Professional Writing for CRCJ Majors (UTA)
- CRIJ 3325 (CCJO 3325) Violent Crime and Offenders (UTRGV)
- CCJO 3330 (CCJO 3330) Sexual Violence and Victimization (UTPB)
- CRIJ 4321 (CCJO 4321) White-Collar and Organized Crime (UTRGV)
- CCJO 4340 (CCJO 4340) Violence and Murder in the Family (UTPB)
- CCJO 4345 (CCJO 4345) Terrorism (UTPB) (previously CRIM 4389)
- CCJO 4366 (CCJO 4366) Gangs and Gang Behavior (UTPB) (previously CRIJ 4363 at UTB)