Texas Information System (TIS) Access
What is the Texas Information System?
The TIS is the registration and student records management system for students taking online courses offered by University of Texas System institutions through the UT Online Consortium (UTOC). It streamlines registration and exchange of student information between students and campus advisors, registrars, and financial aid officers.
The TIS allows students to:
- submit online registration requests for courses offered by campuses other than their home campuses (during designated registration periods)
- track the status of registration requests as they go through the approval process
- receive immediate notification by e-mail regarding the approval or denial of registration requests
- provide enrollment verification to the home campus financial aid office
- check final grades
Don't forget to update your student information in the TIS if your e-mail address or other personal information changes!
- Why do I get a “Duplicate Person Found” error when I try to create my account?
If you’ve ever enrolled in an online course offered through the UT Online Consortium (formerly UT TeleCampus), an account was created for you when the class roster was sent to the TIS by the host campus. Usernames and passwords are created using the following naming convention:
- TIS Username = the first letter of your first name + the first four characters of your last name + the two digit month and two digit date of birth (mmdd)
- TIS Password = your home campus student ID
- How do I submit a registration request in the TIS?
- Once logged into the TIS, search for the course you’d like to take in the Search Course Schedule area.
- Add the course to your cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon.
- Click on the link in the registration cart box in the left navigation to view your cart.
- Click the Continue button to start the cart submission process and follow the prompts until you see the registration request successfully submitted message. The TIS will also send you an e-mail when you have successfully submitted your registration request.
- What happens after I submit my registration request?
After submitting your registration request you will receive a confirmation e-mail from the TIS. The request is routed to your home campus advisor and registrar, and the registrar at the host campus. You will receive an e-mail from the TIS when the request reaches final processing (approved or denied). You can track the status of your request in the TIS by clicking the Registration Requests link in the top left Account box, and then clicking the title of the course. The current status and Notes History are displayed at the top of the request.
- How long does it take to process my registration request?
Generally, it takes about five business days for requests to be processed. It can take longer during busy registration periods. If your request has been pending for two weeks or more, contact UTOC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens after my registration request is approved?
After your request is approved, the TIS will send you an e-mail with important information. The host campus registrar will enroll you in the course and send you information about your student account, as well as how to pay your fee bill and access your course. If you do not receive information from the host campus within two weeks of your request approval, contact the Registration Contact.
- What if my request is denied?
If your registration request is denied, the TIS will send you an e-mail. The person who denied your request is required to put a comment. You can log into the TIS, click on the Registration Requests link in the Account box, click on the title of the course, and the current status and Notes History are displayed at the top of the request. If you resolve the issue for which your request was denied, contact the person who denied it and ask for a revised decision.
Call 1-888-TEXAS-16 (toll-free), Mon–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Central Time, for assistance if you have forgotten your username and/or password and are unable to use the forgot password feature in TIS to retrieve them.